UAE AI & Robotics Award for Good intends to support innovation in the key area of artificial intelligence and robotics as part of the UAE’s commitment towards the National Innovation Strategy launched by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. It offers a first of its kind global platform for innovation, focusing on the practical side of this technology in areas of much relevance to the society such as health, education and social services.
"Humanity is on a journey. From the discovery of fire to the industrial revolution, we are on a constant voyage of discovery. Robotics and artificial intelligence are the next step." (His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum)
Video > Robotics for Good
Screenflow is a powerful and easy to use screen recording and editing software for Mac users. The app comes in with a set of advanced features allowing you to make high quality video screencasts. Screenflow allows you to record the contents of your entire monitor while also capturing your video camera, iOS device, microphone and your computer audio.
As a teacher, you can use Screenflow to to flip your classroom and create instructional video tutorials. You can also use it to create dynamic and rich media presentations to share with students. its intuitive interface and the simple yet powerful editing tools makes it an ideal application for teachers keen on designing professionally-looking screencasts and tutorials. You can easily edit your video, add additional images and text, insert music and apply some transitions before you publish your screencasts to the web or directly to popular social media sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and or save them in Google Drive or Dropbox.
Screenflow is a bit pricy. It costs $99 but is definitely worth its money.
Citelighter is a very good web tool for student researchers, teachers and academics. It combines both the features of an academic search engine and an organizational framework for helping students with their research papers writing. Citeligther allows you to easily search for facts and information to back your arguments and it automatically cites your sources using different citation styles: MLA, APA, and Chicago).
To start using Citelighter, you will need to sign up. Once registered you can then download Citelighter toolbar to help you manage and organize your materials. Using the different functionalities of your toolbar, you will be able to start on writing your own paper. You can search for and capture important information to add to your paper, Citelighter takes care of the bibliograhic work for you. Watch this video to learn more about how Citelighter works and what you can do with it. Cite lighter offers both a free basic account with limited features and a premium account with more advanced features
Halftone 2 is a very good comic book creator app that you can use with students to create comic and scrap books using photos and sound effects.
The process of creating a comic book using Halftone 2 is simple and easy: Choose a page layout from the selection provided there, then import your photos from your photo library, Facebook or Flickr. Customize the look of your images using Aviary’s photo editing tools that include things such as automatic enhancements, filter effects, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, redeye, whiten, blemish, and selective focus. You can also add captions and speech bubbles to your photos or choose from over 80 professionally-designed graphical shapes. Next, mix in some sound effects then share your creation as an image, multi-page document, or high-definition video.
Other features provided by Halftone 2 include:
- Over 30 unique caption and balloon styles (speech bubbles, thought balloons, banners, scrolls, and more)
- A powerful 3D perspective feature lets you tilt your captions and balloons
- A custom stamp feature allows you to add your own images (with support for alpha channels)
- Choose from over 30 multi-photo page layouts 50 licensed sound effects are included that can be assigned to each photo panel
- An optional soundtrack can be added by choosing a song from your music library
- A document library lets you create, save, copy, and work with multiple projects
- Output formats include image (JPG), PDF, CBZ, and video (MP4)
The popular educational app TinyTap has recently released a new tool called Insights. This is basically a data management tool to help teachers access real-time analytics on data related to classroom teaching such as which lessons students completed, how they scored on them and how they are improving.
- Formative Assessments: create tests, quizzes, and lesson reviews
- Digital Homework: assign a lesson, track who played, see how they did
- Project-Based Learning: let students build their own portfolios of interactive presentations
Some of the features provided by Insights include:
- Build interactive lessons to engage your students
- Assign lessons, quizzes and homework
- Draw upon thousands of other free lessons created daily by educators worldwide
- See how students perform and identify where they need help
- Update students’ families with the click of a button